Bank Alkhair's Private Equity division is engaged in transaction origination; investment structuring; placement to third-party investors and co-investors; post acquisition management; and private equity portfolio exits, with the aim of enhancing value at each stage.
The Private Equity division's strategy is to make selective investments in privately held companies with a specific focus on family-owned or closely-held businesses that aim to raise equity without going public, while allowing the sellers to retain continuing ownership.
The Private Equity division's investment focus is on the oil & gas services; industrial services; building materials; logistics; and agri-business sectors in the MENA and GCC regions, including Turkey. The division avoids start-ups, venture capital and greenfield investments.
Bank Alkhair's current private equity portfolio includes:
- Unicorn Global Private Equity Fund 1 (Bahrain) - diversified private equity fund
- Al Tajamouat for Touristic Projects (Jordan) - shopping mall
- Teshkeel Media Group (North America) - children's media content
- Al Safat Industries Holding (Kuwait) - industrial sector holding company
- Gulf Strategic Partners (GCC) - specialist pre-operational cleaning service provider
- Tintoria International (United Arab Emirates) - industrial laundry business
- Independent Logistics & Warehousing (Jordan) - warehouses
- Sweetwater Dairies (Pakistan) - dairy business
- Bahrain Maintenance & Diving Services (Bahrain) - oil and gas services provider
- Regional Energy Services Holding Company (Bahrain) - oil and gas services platform
The Bank's exited private equity investments include:
- The Gardens - assisted living real estate property
- Kuwait Medical Company (Kuwait) - holding company with stakes in a high-end hospital, dental clinics and medical centers in Kuwait
- Orimix Concrete Products (United Arab Emirates) - leading UAE supplier of ready-mix concrete
- Regional Energy Services Holding Company (Bahrain) - oil and gas services platform (partial exit)
- Al Safat Industries Holding (Kuwait) - industrial sector holding company (partial exit)
- Qatar Engineering and Construction (Qatar) - oil and gas EPC and maintenance contractor
- Ellington Leather (US) - retail leather goods manufacturer
- Victron (US) - specialty provider of high-mix, complex electronics manufacturing services
- Batteries & Bands (US) - retail watch sales and services company